Juan's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lockpick and keypadcrackkers

3 posters

Go down

Lockpick and keypadcrackkers Empty Lockpick and keypadcrackkers

Post by Ray Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:31 am

I don't know about you guys but i really missed the time where a fadding door could be lockpicked, where you did not need to stand still truh the time of a decade with that loud ass beeping noise for then for the whole policeforce and underground syndicate to have notcied you and gunned you down the moment you open the front door.
Well gess this gives the keypadcrakker a purpose.
Ray
Ray
DarkRP Moderator
DarkRP Moderator

Spice Memes : 27

Back to top Go down

Lockpick and keypadcrackkers Empty Re: Lockpick and keypadcrackkers

Post by Juan Hermandez Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Whereas I like the current system we have since it adds a bit more realism and immersion (you're actually picking the lock not watching a bar move across the screen) I do find that the current system a bit dodgy myself. It does seem that the "Sweet spot" is way too precise to get properly with a mouse. But I was out voted 2-1 IIRC and it was added. If it was possible to make the sweet spot easier to find then I'm all for that, but I can't really code. I'll have a go at trying, if not I'll ask brick/stevie.
Juan Hermandez
Juan Hermandez
Owner
Owner

Spice Memes : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealw2006 Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:22 am

It should not be difficult at all to chance the "sweet spot" to be larger. You would simply need to find the part of the code which defines how large it is and edit it.

You could also issue the crime jobs with a edited regular lockpick like before but you just need to edit the part where it checks if it is looking for a door. Again, an easy edit.
Nealw2006
Nealw2006

Spice Memes : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Hermandez Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Nealw2006 wrote:It should not be difficult at all to chance the "sweet spot" to be larger. You would simply need to find the part of the code which defines how large it is and edit it.

You could also issue the crime jobs with a edited regular lockpick like before but you just need to edit the part where it checks if it is looking for a door. Again, an easy edit.

I actually found somewhere that if you remove a few lines (or comment it out) of code from the lockpick It stops picking fading doors.
Juan Hermandez
Juan Hermandez
Owner
Owner

Spice Memes : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum